- Oregon is rolling out a new earthquake detection system, OPB’s Kristian Foden-Vencil reports. If the big one hits, this might give us a couple minutes heads up, which could prove vital.
- Portland Art Museum is showing of Hillsboro-based Lakita’s artwork later this year, with pieces from Oscar-nominated films like Coraline and Kubo and the Two Strings. Claymation fans should keep that in mind for October until May of 2017, according to Mike Rogoway of Oregon Live.
- Black Tri-Met riders face penalties six times higher than other riders for similar offenses, Lee van der Voo reports, digging into an in-depth analysis of incidents for Investigate West.
- Did you know Hillsboro has a symphony? They’re playing a bunch of Western-inspired pieces on May 12. Full disclosure: this corespondent’s wife is a member.
- The Hillsboro Hops have a new ribbon board.
— Hillsboro Hops (@HillsboroHops) April 13, 2017
If you’re wondering when Hops games are happening, and what else is going on in Hillsboro, be sure to check out our calendar. You’ll find all sorts of events there.